Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 01:28:12 +0900
From:      "R. Imura" <imura@cs.titech.ac.jp>
To:        ade@lovett.com, jedgar@fxp.org, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE + Qt libraries + gcc 2.95

> On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 02:49:27PM -0500, Chris D. Faulhaber wrote:
> >
> > My biggest concern will be the library incompatibility with kde libs
> > compiled with an older g++.  Perhaps a version bump may alleviate
> > problems; otherwise, I don't expect the general populice will be too happy
> > with having to recomple *all* kde libs/apps.
>
> A version bump (in conjunction with setting USE_NEWGCC=YES) for all
> the KDE/Qt ports seems to be the best way to go in order to ensure
> consistency.
>
> Whilst it doesn't address the fact that people will have to do a fair
> chunk of recompiling, at least it will be obvious that they have to do so.

Yes, it will be a quite huge labor.
Some port depending on qt may need many patches for gcc-2.95, so I don't think
it has a reality.
There is NEW_GCCed qt-i18n, so I think you can use it.
I have the port of kdevelop-1.0 beta4 for qt-i18n, and it was not the
difficult work. :)
(But it is not well tested yet)
 http://www.kde.gr.jp/~imura/kdevelop-1.0b4-port.tar.gz

---