Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:33:35 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Valentine <mark@thuvia.demon.co.uk>
To:        ue@nathan.ruhr.de (Udo Erdelhoff), freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please review: new handbook chapter on serial install

> From: ue@nathan.ruhr.de (Udo Erdelhoff)
> Date: Tue 15 Oct, 2002
> Subject: Please review: new handbook chapter on serial install

> +	<listitem>
> +	  <para>There is an additional dialog at the start of
> +	    &man.sysinstall.8; where you can define which kind of
> +	    terminal you are using.</para>
> +	</listitem>
> +      </itemizedlist>

Does anyone else have a problem getting the correct line drawing characters
when using an xterm at this point?  After rebooting at the end of the install
they suddenly start being displayed correctly.

> +      <para>The second required change is the creation of a
> +	<filename>boot.config</filename> file on the root file system
> +	of your newly installed FreeBSD box.

I've never found this necessary since sysinstall adds console="comconsole"
to /boot/loader.conf when doing a serial install.

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
Mark Valentine, Thuvia Labs <mark@thuvia.co.uk>       <http://www.thuvia.co.uk>;
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."       Mark Valentine uses