Date:      16 Feb 1999 17:57:01 -0000
From:      Ville-Pertti Keinonen <will@iki.fi>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com
Cc:        dyson@iquest.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Processor affinity?

> A very trivial affinity soloution is to have per CPU scheduler
> queues, and to keep a "quantum count" per CPU as well.

Any kind of processor load calculation was what I was referring to by
"moderately complex".  Not that I don't think that it's worth it.

> Processes becoming "ready to run" are queued on the processor with
> the highest quantum count (e.g., highest process turnover rate,
> indicating relatively higher I/O binding).

Ignoring long-running, low-priority processes?  They shouldn't affect
the turnover rate because they can typically be pre-empted when an I/O
bound process wakes up.