Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:11:00 +0100
From:      "H. Eckert" <ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: still a bisdn Q

Quoting Christoph Kukulies (kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE):
> bisdnd was disturbing my incoming telephone calls. I.e., after one ring
> I got a 'Stoerung' (probably protocol error) since bisdn mixed in.
>
> Then I found that I had entries in my bisdnd.cfg that accepted
> incoming tel calls.

So what ?  I've got an entry for one of my numbers as an
answering machine and bisdn does not disturb normal operation.

> I disabled them. Was trying to send HUP to no avail. Rebooted.
> Bisdnd still disturbing incoming phone calls.

If the change persisted over a reboot there surely is an error
in your configuration.  Have you looked into the logfile whether
bisdnd reacted correctly to the HUP signal ?

> Will install i4b tonight on this system as well.

Probably a wise decision after all.  I'm looking forward for
March when I get a new disk.

Greetings,
				Ripley
--
H. Eckert, 10777 Berlin, Germany, http://www.in-berlin.de/User/nostromo/
ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.