Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:33:16 GMT
From:      ogautherot@freesurf.fr
To:        Suken <wsk@gddsn.org.cn>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can Nvidia driver useable for FreeBSD 5.2R now?

Hi Suken!

It does work with your specific card, although it is not "push button".
I have the exact same card and am happy.

Just build the port x11/nvidia-driver (run
      make && make install && make setup
in the directory - portinstall does not let you run the setup. I suggest
that you reboot your machine as it may hang. In case of emergency
Ctrl-Backspace will eventually get you sorted out.

My advice is to take the sample file called XF86Config.sample in
/usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-1.0-4365/doc/
(after you built it, of course :-) ) and edit whatever you need
(typically to start with, the refresh rate of your monitor, the mouse
device and the font paths). If you start from the standard XFree86
config file, it may take you much, much longer.

Let us know if this helps
	Olivier