Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:00:46 +0100
From:      Pietro Cerutti <gahr@gahr.ch>
To:        javier prats <javpra@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port test error

--------------enig605CF7D72F47E85644561624

javier prats wrote:
> Good morning,
>=20
> I am new to creating ports, and am running into a little trouble. I hav=
e created a Makefile which seems to work correctly when testing with both=
 `portlint -A` and `port test`.  A "registering installation" message is =
recieved and the program can be executed successfully.  When `port test` =
attempts to create a package it fails with the following error.
>=20
> *---  Cut out similar messages to save room --*
> tar: metamorphose_1.1.0/icons/failed.png: Cannot stat: No such file or =
directory
> pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256
> *** Error code 1

Check your pkg-plist.
Probably "failed.png" isn't installed where your pkg-plist says it should=
=2E

>=20
> Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/metamorphose.
> =3D=3D=3D> Error running make package
> =3D=3D=3D> Files currently installed in PREFIX
> =3D=3D=3D> Cleaning up
>=20
> Below is my Makefile
>=20
> # New ports collection makefile for:   metamorphose
> # Date created:        28 September 2007
> # Whom:                javier
> #
> # $FreeBSD$
> #
>=20
> PORTNAME=3D       metamorphose
> PORTVERSION=3D    1.1
> CATEGORIES=3D     sysutils
> MASTER_SITES=3D   ${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE}
> MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=3D     file-folder-ren
> DISTNAME=3D       metamorphose_1.1.0
>=20
> MAINTAINER=3D     javpra@FreeBSD.org
> COMMENT=3D        A program to rename files and folders
>=20
> RUN_DEPENDS=3D    python:${PORTSDIR}/lang/python24 wxgtk2-unicode:${POR=
TSDIR}/x11-toolkits/wxgtk26-unicode
>=20
> USE_GMAKE=3D      yes
> USE_GETTEXT=3D    YES
> MANCOMPRESSED=3D  yes
> MAN1=3D   metamorphose.1
> USE_PYTHON=3D     2.4
> USE_WX=3D 2.6
> WITH_UNICODE=3D   YES
> WX_COMPS=3D       python
> WX_UNICODE=3D     YES
>=20
> .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
>=20
> .if ((${OSVERSION} < 500000))
> IGNORE=3D systems prior to FreeBSD 5.0 do not support Unicode
> .endif
>=20
> .if defined (WITHOUT_NLS)
> USE_GETTEXT=3D    NO
> .endif
>=20
> .include <bsd.port.post.mk>
>=20
> The package always seems to end up in ${PORTSDIR}/work/${PACKAGENAME}
> and that is where it is executable from.  It's as if tar does not know =
to look there.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>=20
>=20
> Javier Prats
>=20