Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:05:08 -0600
From:      Eric Lakin <elakin@psasolar.colltech.com>
To:        kerberus@inetu.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CTX laptop & PCMCIA UPDATE

Ack. my (2) errors. First, "device pcic?" are disabled in your kernel, right?
The pcic code isn't even IN there then. You'll actually need to re-compile
the pcic module - "cd /sys/modules/pcic; CFLAGS=-DPCIC_DEBUG make;" Copy the
pcic.ko that results to /modules (after backing up the orig =). Reboot.
Obviously i didn't test my suggestions before sending. However, i DID this
time ;)

Before an IRQ is assigned to the PCIC, you should get a message like:
Freelist of IRQ's <0x8e88>
Now what do you do with THAT? well...

$ bc
bla bla copyright

ibase=16    # input is in base 16
obase=2     # output is in base 2

8E88        # note the E, not e
1000111010001000

quit
$

Each digit of the binary number is an IRQ, starting with 15 and going down to
0. A "1" is a free IRQ. The above means that the IRQs free on my system are
15 11 10 9 7 3.

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 02:34:59PM +0000, Kerberus spread the following propaganda: