Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:00:26 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Aline de Freitas <aline@riseup.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CALL FOR TESTERS: linux-f8 infrastructure ports

Quoting Aline de Freitas <aline@riseup.net> (from Mon, 7 Apr 2008 =20
23:21:16 -0300):

> Googleearth:
>
> The linux_dri is builted against the old linux-xorg-libs, so I keep it (lo=
oks
> like it doesn't conflict with the new linux-f8-xorg-libs). googleearth
> complains for the old expat (linux-expat) but a symlink using the new
> linux-f8-expat seems to do the trick. The only problem really is with the

This is dangerous. Maybe Boris needs to add some compat libs, or we =20
need to install a new google earth (one which uses the new expat =20
version).

> fonts. Googleearth pop-ups a windows complaining about missing Bitstream V=
era
> Sans font and I get a interface with a strange (but readeable) font.

My first idea about this is, that this should be a problem with your =20
native installation of X.org. But on a second thought it may be a =20
problem in the linux-font* area.

> linux-realplayer:
>
> Looks ok, no problems at all. The font interface doesn't seems to be the
> default one, but I'm not sure. (linux-f8-fontconfig issue?)
> Terminal messages:
> (realplay.bin:37022): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
>         Using the fallback 'C' locale.

What's your locale (echo $LANG)? We may have to add some symlinks from =20
the FreeBSD names to the linux names (or maybe something more =20
advanced, if the linux locale system needs more stuff to have it right).

> acroread7:
> Seems to be ok, no problems at all. Also the font interface doesn't =20
> seem to be
> the default one.
>
> Terminal messages:
> (acroread:36728): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
>         Using the fallback 'C' locale.

The same as above.

> (acroread:36728): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader: Im=
age
> type 'xpm' is not supported

Maybe some more gtk2 plugins/engines/whatever are needed (I assume =20
Boris runs the gdk plugin register stuff like we do in the old gtk2 =20
port).

> (acroread:36728): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion
> `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Application internal error. Maybe the result of not handling the xom =20
not supported error.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20