Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 12:43:21 -0400
From:      "Andrew I. Arbuckle" <aiarbuckle@naxs.com>
To:        "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@newsguy.com>, "Advocacy List" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Suggestion for new list

------=_NextPart_000_01BDD5A6.19F02D60

Is this to imply that you do not want to offer assistance to others
interested in trying FreeBSD?  I purchased the 4 CD 2.2.6 set from Walnut
Creek recently for a new PC I am putting together, thought it would be nice
to try a new OS, but if you want to hide easier methods of installing,
perhaps you will drive others away.
Just a comment, as I am following this thread, but am not yet really
active.

----------
> From: Francisco Reyes <reyesf@newsguy.com>
> To: Advocacy List <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Suggestion for new list
> Date: Monday, August 31, 1998 10:40 PM
>
> How about a new list specially for the press. I think questions is
> great for general purpose, but we may get better exposure if we are
> able to help reporters/reviewers to install the software with the
> least problems possible.
>
> The way I suggest it would be to have a handfull of handpicked people
> have access to the list (i.e. Dough White, Greg Lehey, Jordan....)
> and to only allow questions from reviewers/editors/ article writers.
>
> Thoughts? comments?

------=_NextPart_000_01BDD5A6.19F02D60

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">Is this to imply that you do not want =
to offer assistance to others interested in trying FreeBSD? &nbsp;I =
purchased the 4 CD 2.2.6 set from Walnut Creek recently for a new PC I =
am putting together, thought it would be nice to try a new OS, but if =
you want to hide easier methods of installing, perhaps you will drive =
others away.<br>Just a comment, as I am following this thread, but am =
color=3D"#000000">&gt;<br>&gt; To: Advocacy List &lt;<font =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u>freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG</u><font =
color=3D"#000000">&gt;<br>&gt; Subject: Suggestion for new list<br>&gt; =
Date: Monday, August 31, 1998 10:40 PM<br>&gt; <br>&gt; How about a new =
list specially for the press. I think questions is<br>&gt; great for =
general purpose, but we may get better exposure if we are<br>&gt; able =
to help reporters/reviewers to install the software with the<br>&gt; =
least problems possible.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; The way I suggest it would be =
to have a handfull of handpicked people<br>&gt; have access to the list =
(i.e. Dough White, Greg Lehey, Jordan....)<br>&gt; and to only allow =
questions from reviewers/editors/ article writers.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; =
color=3D"#000000"><br>&gt; with &quot;unsubscribe freebsd-advocacy&quot; =
in the body of the message</p>
------=_NextPart_000_01BDD5A6.19F02D60--