Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2018 22:31:18 +1000
From:      Trevor Roydhouse <trev@sentry.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RPI3B+ does not reboot

Ronald Klop wrote on 01/07/2018 22:14:
> Hello,
>
> My RPI3B+ does not reboot if I run GENERIC-NODEBUG. It works properly on
> a GENERIC kernel.
>
> # uname -a
> FreeBSD rpi3 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #2 r335679: Thu Jun 28
> 02:33:01 CEST 2018
> builder@rpi3:/mnt/ssd/data/src/obj-head/mnt/ssd/data/src/head/arm64.aarch64/sys/GENERIC-NODEBUG
> arm64
>
> The output ends with:
> All buffers synced.
> Uptime: 1d1h28m21s
> Rebooting...
>

> And then it does not do anything and I have to do a power off/on cycle.

My RPi3B+ running with the default GENERIC kernel intermittently fails
to reboot with "reboot" but when it does, it outputs "CPU reset failed"
over the serial connection. I don't think I've noticed the failure with
"shutdown -r now".

FreeBSD rpi3.sentry.org 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #0 r335317:
Mon Jun 18 17:37:04 UTC 2018
root@releng3.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/arm64.aarch64/sys/GENERIC
arm64