Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:51:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Troy Settle <troy@picus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Dell Inspiron 7000

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Troy Settle wrote:

#
# What I learned over the last couple days, is that FreeBSD has 0
# support for cardbus.

Support is being added to -current but -stable has no support as
of yet.

# Sucks...  I just spent $3200 on my first laptop, and now I can't
# install FreeBSD on it :/

I have a Dell Inspiron 7500 that I have been running FreeBSD on
for about a year.  I have had absolutely no problems.  You can
still use yours too.  You just have to use PCCard and not CardBus
cards - basically PCCard == 16 bit and CardBus == 32 bit.  For a
network card I've had success with both a 3C589 and a 3C574.  If
you need a modem any cheap one should do.

-steve