Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:52:43 -0500
From:      "Dave VanAuken" <dave@hawk-systems.com>
To:        "Freebsd Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: hdd mirror

especially wise use of dump's features...

we do a dump level 0 weekly, and incremential dump level 1's nightly
(or more often for critical partitions).  This allows us to use the
disk bandwidth wisely durig the day, and use low usage hours of the
morning to perform the "imaging" tasks.

Helps if you have large HDD (or vinum two smaller ones together) as
the backup location (we mount as /backup) that wil give you space to
dump 0 he whoel system ,and maintain several dump 1 updates without
running into storage problems.

In short, yes, look at dump :)

Dave