Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:35:43 +1000
From:      Tony Landells <ahl@austclear.com.au>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Time to look put more resources into FreeSSH ?

avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au said:
> What do others think about creating a little "bio-diversity" and
> moving from OpenSSH to FreeSSH at some point in the future as the
> "default" ssh installed ?

And that's another excellent suggestion for those that are unhappy
with the direction that OpenSSH is taking.

Don't get me wrong--I don't think OpenSSH (the software) is a perfect
fit for my needs (I actually liked the information I got from FascistLogging
to track what certain people were doing on our production servers).
I've never bothered with the "political" side of the project.

I don't have the time or motivation to do it myself, so I'm not going
to complain that somebody has provided me with something I can use
for free that pretty much meets my needs.

If FreSSH picks up steam and fills my needs better, I'll be happy to
change.

Conversely, if someone wants to pay me exorbitant sums to develop an
SSH package from scratch I'll happily do that too :-)

Tony
--
Tony Landells					<ahl@austclear.com.au>
Senior Network Engineer				Ph:  +61 3 9677 9319