Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 18:17:22 -0700
From:      "Mr. Feed" <mrfeed@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with 4.4-install.iso cd image

hi there,

i download 4.4-install.iso from ftp.freebsd.org and write it to a CDR (650MB). the MD5 checksum has been verified. using sysinstall i was able to successfully installed 4.4 bsd on my computer without any problem. However, while I try to install packages located on this CD, most of them are fine, but for gnome* packages, sysinstall hung (using 99% of CPU but without anything done). Did anyone else complain about this?

thanks.