Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:27:12 -0800
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        f-questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Root login at console

On Nov 12, 2004, at 23:18, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> [...]

Thanks.  I just checked ttys in my 4.6 system and they all say secure.
I see the instructions in ttys now and that makes sense.  A quick check
also shows it works.  I guess there was a bug in 4.6.  The instructions
seem to indicate that removing the secure keyword is all that is
required.  Thats what I checked and it worked.  I presume thats the
same as using the insecure key which I really didn't see mentioned.