Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:13:13 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Karl Swartz <kls@ohare.chicago.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more data on "calcru: negative time: -nnn usec"

APM strikes again.

You cpu was slowed down while you booted the other two times.

The RAM is worse, check out the npx0 flags in LINT and try that.

Poul-Henning

PS:
Nice machine btw, I have a 133 MHz version.  You will get to simply
love the mouse and wonder why people put up with all that other crappy
pointer stuff :-)

In message <199809150737.AAA13773@ohare.chicago.com>, Karl Swartz writes:
>I'm installing 2.2.7 on an HP OmniBook 800CT.  On the second of three
>boots off the hard disk, the "calcru: negative time: -nnn usec" messages
>did not appear at all, while every other time they were coming all the
>time.  On the "good" boot, the boot messages included
>
>   CPU: Pentium/P55C (164.66-MHz 586-class CPU)
>
>The other two times, the equivalent message was
>
>   CPU: Pentium/P55C (83.52-MHz 586-class CPU)
>
>The machine is supposed to have a 166-MHz Pentium.  First two boots are
>with the GENERIC kernel, third is with a tailored one.
>
>FreeBSD also sees only 16MB, despite the machine having 80MB.
>
>--
>Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com		http://www.chicago.com/~kls/
>		|Work	kls@netapp.com		http://www.netapp.com/
>"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
>  - Andrew A. Rooney

"ttyv0" -- What UNIX calls a $20K state-of-the-art, 3D, hi-res color terminal