Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 17:18:03 -0400
From:      "C. A. Daelhousen" <cd9@buffalo.edu>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: layers and layers of windows managers

At approximately Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 04:41:49PM -0400, Peter Leftwich scribbled:
> And thanks for the .xinitrc file below
> - It may serve SUPER ULTRA useful later, especially getting xmodmap to use,
> accept, and understand the "Windows" key on my keyboard!

Actually, when you get X up and running, run 'xev' from an xterm... hit
the "Winduh" key and see what it says. XFree 4.2 seems to have
automagically mapped mine to Super, so I just set up my window manager
to use Super as the shortcut key for everything. 'xmodmap -pm' can show
you what modifier it maps to if something wants you to use Mod4 or
whatever instead.

--
..: Chad Daelhousen == cd9@buffalo.edu :.........: sig v3.1 :...
: Programming for 10 +/- 2 years (50 +/- 10% of a lifetime)    :