Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 18:19:12 +0100
From:      badaire@iut2.univ-orleans.fr (matthias badaire)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Hello,
First I want to say that FreeBSD is very good OS,but I have a little probleme with the 2.1.5-RELEASE
I have a adpatec 2940W with a SCSI hard disk , at the start everything is recognize
I install it from the SCSI hard disk to my IDE disk and it works great till it try to install bin.ce
when I type ALT+F2 I see the following message

DEBUG:Request for bin/bin.ce from DOS
usr/sbin/supfilesrv
usr/sbin/sysctl
usr/sbin/syslogd
/stand/cpio:invalid header:checksum error
warning skipped 107004 bytes of junk
cannot remove current : Is a directory

and so on and so forth, then it stopped and said that the installation has failed
I tried to get from another ftp site (ftp.sunet.se , ftp.ibp.fr) the files

CHECSUM.MD5
BIN.CE
BIN.INF

but it changed nothing