Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:18:50 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gaml@buz.ch>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD from a running Linux over ssh?

Hello,
I just stumbled accross 1und1.de (one of the biggest German hosting
companies) who now offer 50€/month dedicated Server including the
hardware and 50GB of traffic. Now I'd be perfectly happy to get a
bunch of those if it weren't for the OS on them: SuSE Linux 7.2. Now Linux
on itself is bad enough (been there, done that, didn't want to wait
to get the Tshirt) but SuSE is one of the worse distributions out
there. So now I'm wondering whether it would be possible to simply
install FreeBSD from a running Linux box (maybe just dd a working
image over the Linux HD?) cause it obviously isn't possible to even
access the console of the machine save use custom CDRoms with it...