Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:33:25 -0500
From:      Sumanth Peddamatham <me@bunny.dislocatedbrain.com>
To:        "F. Xavier Noria" <fxn@isoco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: perl not found.  trouble installing galeon/xml-i18n-tools

On 2002.02.22 19:20 F. Xavier Noria wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:59:10 -0500
> Sumanth Peddamatham <me@bunny.dislocatedbrain.com> wrote:
>
> : i'm having trouble compiling the galeon port.  the 'make install'
> fails
> : on the perl check.  it's strange because i have xml-i18n-tools
> : installed, but i think the port uses its own version or something.
> any
> : help would be appreciated.
>
> <snip>
>
> : ===>  Configuring for galeon-1.0.3
> : checking for perl... no
>
> Hmmmm... just to be sure... is perl actually in your PATH? Does
> 'which perl' find it?
>
> -- fxn

yes, perl is in my path.  i have had no problem 'make'ing most other
ports that require perl.  it seems that i'm having problems with any
port that uses the new version of 'configure'.  the old version works
fine.  i've even tried 'cut and pasting' the old perl detection code
into the new configure, but i guess isn't not that easy because i get
errors.

btw, 'which perl' returns: /usr/bin/perl

thanks,

sumanth p.