Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:51:36 +1100
From:      "Neeraj Arora" <Neeraj.Arora@ems.rmit.edu.au>
To:        <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>, <jbaty@fusionary.com>
Subject:   Re: Installing JDK without x11

Hi Jack,

Java needs all the X11 bits for the swing and awt part of it. I dont know =
if there is a way to actually seperate the textual and graphic bits of =
java.

Thus, as far as I know, no, you cannot install java without the X11 bits.

Regards,
Neeraj

>>> Jack Baty <jbaty@fusionary.com> 02/16/03 04:36PM >>>
Just curious if there's a way to install Java on a server without also
installing all of the x11 stuff.                                           =
                      =20

I'm trying it from /usr/ports/java/jdk13 and can't find a way to not =
include
the x11 bits.

--=20
Jack Baty
Fusionary Media - http://www.fusionary.com/=20

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
                            -e.e. cummings