Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:34:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "Schofield, Robert " <R.Schofield@pbc.be.philips.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Audio chipset support

the Cx5530 doesn;t HAVE an audio chipset.
rather, it emulates the audio chipset in software and passes teh data to a
separate CODEC that is on the motherboard using a built in serial codec
interface.. ( the emulation is done in the SMI layer so it's available to
other OSs thane W98 but I don't know how they do it exactly as
we didn't implement SMI in our BIOS)