Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:26:53 -0500
From:      Glenn Johnson <glenn@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Alexander Leidinger <netchild@wurzelausix.CS.Uni-SB.DE>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: _my_ world is broken

>On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>

>unsetenv CXXFLAGS
>
>I don't know if you're supposed to be able to make world with this
>variable set, but it screws up several things at present. I tripped
>over this myself a few weeks back.
>
>Kris

Look in /usr/share/mk/sys.mk and you will find:

CXXFLAGS        ?=      ${CXXINCLUDES} ${CFLAGS}

So if you want your CFLAGS used for CXX you do nothing. If you need
to set some specific CXXFLAGS that you don't want set in CFLAGS then
you need to make sure that you also have ${CXXINCLUDES} listed on your
CXXFLAGS line.

--
Glenn Johnson
Technician