Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 13:19:01 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Steve Jorgensen <steve@khoral.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        salas@khoral.com
Subject:   ipfw & natd config problems

	I'm trying to set up a FreeBSD-4.1.1 box as a
        firewall for my network.  We're using ipfw and natd.
        I've got things pretty much working, but I'm having
        two problems..

        #1:  I get lots of messages like:

        natd[163]: failed to write packet back (Permission denied)

        I can't figure out why this is happening.

        #2: Externally, I can get to our webserver using the
        public address (www.khoral.com).  However, internally,
        I get connection denied whenever I use www.khoral.com,
        but the internal hostname works fine.  Natd is redirecting
        port 80 on the external interface to the internal web
        server.  Is there anyway to configure this so that the
        external names for ftp and www work for internal machines?

        Thanks for any help.

                                        Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	 steve@spukhaus.com