Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 16:53:15 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Mark Miller <joup@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: solving pthread problems permanently?

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 04:11:18PM -0800, Mark Miller wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out a way to add either -lc_r or -llthreads to the
> linking process of any port build that requires pthreads (to avoid the
> "undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'" errors).  Can someone tell
> me where I might put this?  I was thinking about some file in
> /usr/ports/Mk/, but I don't really know much about the build process.

Firstly, if it should be somewhere, it should be in /etc/make.conf.
But don't ask me what you should add.
Secondly, if you're running XFree86-4, try adding XFREE86_VERSION=4
to /etc/make.conf.
Thirdly, it's better to submit pr's with fixed on ports which don't
build (if you can do that).
Fourthly, you can use -pthreads instead of "-lc_r and -lthreads".
And last, programs which use libpcap don't like pthreads. See PR
bin/31649.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org