Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:53:29 +0100
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        d@delphij.net
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: What does system do after "Uptime: "?

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 22:29 -0700, Xin LI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wonder what the system would do after Uptime: during reboot?  Will
> there be any callbacks be called?  I have received some report regarding
> hangs after this, and IIRC the only operation is to IPI BSP to do reboot?

Several callbacks are called after that message.  Anything that
registers with the shutdown_post_sync or shutdown_final event handler,
for example, and the dump routine if you are using "reboot -d".

Before trying to diagnose this, however, make sure you are running with
sys/dev/usb/ehci_pci.c 1.30 (which has also been MFC'd to 6/7), as that
seems to have been the cause of most of the recently reported "hangs
after printing uptime" PRs.

Gavin