Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:06:34 +0000
From:      Michael Doyle <relyod@indigo.ie>
To:        "Michael V. Harding" <mvh@netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'Code Freeze'

At 21:55 18/03/1998 -0800, you wrote:

>What I really want is to be able to help people 'bootstrap' and bring
>them into the FreeBSD community.  The easiest way to do that is to
>deliver a rock solid CD, which is my general experience with the OS.
>Someone who gets the CD, and then needs to 'build the world from
>source' might get a little discouraged.  And unfortunately, like
>dating, many don't get past their first experience.

[snip]

>Everybody on stable is convinced of the worth of FreeBSD - the CD is
>how you hook the newbies, and people do fixate on little things.

As a comparative "newbie" muself, and one who has yet to build world
(I'm still using the 2.2.5 CD Release) I whole heartedly concur

Let's see a realy "good, stable" 2.2.6 release, and if there are
special concerns, document them well so that the upgrade is
as painless as possible with possible pitfalls well marked.

Mike
Michael Doyle                   phone: +353-1-661-0588
Network Administrator           http://www.co-operation-north.ie/
Co-Operation North

E-mail: relyod@co-operation-north.ie	(0ffice)
	relyod@indigo.ie		(Personal)