Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:42:05 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>, Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Powered by FreeBSD" on the Apache default page

On 15 Sep 1999, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:

>  * From: Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
>
>  * Please, lets make a separate category for this?
>  *
>  * ls /usr/ports/x11-wm | wc -l
>  *
>  * gives 37, or 34 ports of window managers. That number is going to only
>  * increase. If there are active desktop (bsd)themers for half of them, it is
>  * going to get really cluttered.
>
> I wasn't aware that there were so many of them.  What I had in mind
> was one or two FreeBSD themes (tops) per window manager.  "Official
> FreeBSD themes" of sorts.

2x30 (some wm-s are distinctly anti-themes) or so + 34 is almost a hundred
ports.

> I don't think it's a good idea to try to duplicate too much of
> *.themes.org in the ports collection, all you need to do is to go
> there and fetch them anyway. ;)

That wasn't what I meant either. It was *definately* not a call for
duplicating the themes.org website.

That's why I wrote (bsd)themers - people who make distinctly bsd themes,
some of which will be included in the ports callection as xyz-bsd-theme.

> Satoshi

	Sander