Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:34:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@horst.bfd.com>
Cc:        questions list FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail in 2.1.5R not masquerading properly?

Eric,
I read a reply to your message in the freebsd list.  I didn't see the
original, so I'm not sure what you're doing, but here's what I do.

I have a mail server pobox.enc.edu, which also answers to enc.edu (as
horst.bfd.com answers to bfd.com).  I have the following m4 config file,
which lives in /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf/pobox.mc :

# Modified from ./freefall.mc 12/14/95 by Charles Owens
#  for use in ENC's central mail relay host
#
# V1.0  12/14/95 CNO    installed on pobox

include(`../m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`@(#)pobox.mc $Revision: 1.0 $')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(enc.edu)dnl
define(`UUCP_RELAY', ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU)dnl
define(`BITNET_RELAY', mailhost.Berkeley.EDU)dnl
define(`CSNET_RELAY', mailhost.Berkeley.EDU)dnl
define(`confCHECKPOINT_INTERVAL', 4)dnl
define(`confAUTO_REBUILD', True)dnl
Cw enc.edu
Cw pobox.enc.edu

To produce my sendmail.cf I simply do a     m4 pobox.mc >/etc/sendmail.cf
, restart sendmail, and it works like a charm.  I'd been mucking around
with the sendmail rules by hand before I figured this out.  SOOOO much
nicer this way!!!

Anyway, good luck!
---
  Charles Owens                                  Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                       "I read somewhere to learn is to
  Information Technology Services     remember... and I've learned that
  Eastern Nazarene College            we've all forgot..."   - King's X