Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 1995 15:26:31 -0800
From:      "Frank O'Donnell" <frank@jplpio.jpl.nasa.gov>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   majordomo & perl

One of my colleagues has been trying to install majordomo
on a PC running FreeBSD 2.0.  He obtained majordomo by ftp
from its standard archive, then ran gcc on it on the local
host.

He first got an error from majordomo complaining that it
can't find ctime.pl.  I checked my installation of FreeBSD
on a different machine and found that the *.pl files seemed
to come with the source distribution (we had only installed
the basic binary distribution on the host in question).
So we copied over that directory and put the *.pl files into
majordomo's directory.

He now got a second and more arcane error.  He recalls reading
in the majordomo docs that it requires a recent version of
perl, and that earlier versions definitely won't run.

Is this a known issue?  Has anyone gotten majordomo to run
in the FreeBSD 2.0 environment.  Any specific tips or
caveats?  Thanks much for any help.

Frank
frank@jplpio.jpl.nasa.gov