Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:04:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Patrick Ouellet <patrick.ouellet@microtecsecurite.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha support

Dag-Erling Smorgrav writes:
 > Patrick Ouellet <patrick.ouellet@microtecsecurite.com> writes:
 > > Where can I find a list of all Alpha server which have been ported
 > > to FreeBSD ??
 >
 > This is not a question for -arch.
 >
 > You will find the information you require on the FreeBSD web site
 > (http://www.freebsd.org/).

Only if he's both persistant and lucky.  We really need somebody from
the doc team to make http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/alpha.html at
least somewhat useful.  Its rather ironic that, as the only fully
"working" non x86 port, alpha has the worst web site.  Even a link to
HARDWARE.TXT would be a vast improvement.

For now, the best resource is the "HARDWARE.TXT" file from the latest
release:
(ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/alpha/4.3-RELEASE/HARDWARE.TXT)

And yes, the 2100A should work in 4.3.  Don't use any releases earlier
than 4.3 for a 2100A.

Drew