Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2019 10:00:32 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MATE not recognising SVG files?

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 20:42, Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently install x11/mate on a new host, and the caja file browser
> doesn't seem to be recognising SVG files. In fact, MATE's file-chooser
> dialog doesn't appear to be previewing SVG files either. I know that
> at one point in time it did, and I've spent a bit of time trying to
> figure out why it doesn't do it now. So far, I _think_ it's due to
> graphics/cairo, which is reporting:

For the archives: I deinstalled cairo and mate, and then installed
mate again - and it works. Quite a few other non-mate ports depended
on cairo, and those were de-installed as well. I made sure that "mate"
was installed first (which auto-installed cairo), and that may have
made the difference(?). The cairo port was *not* rebuilt.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>