Date:      Thu, 05 Nov 1998 12:43:13 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Branding project recommendations

This thread serves to list products suggested for initial branding
under the FreeBSD Branding project logos.  I've included three
categories, two for software and one for hardware.  My hardware list
includes only hardware products that have some mention of FreeBSD
on their web pages, or are known to have supported FreeBSD development
in some way.  Please feel free to object to nominations, but don't
remove them from the list.

Software category 1: (designed for)
	Netscape Navigator
	Applixware (once port is finished)

Software category 2: (works with)
	Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0 /linux

Hardware: (works with)
	Linksys EtherFast 10/100 NI card
	Adaptec SCSI controllers (haven't they helped with drivers?)

Please add to the list as needed, replying ONLY to freebsd-advocacy.
Once the logo project is ready to roll, we'll get these people on
OUR web page, and get volunteers to contact them about reciprocating.

Please note that this is a FreeBSD project, vendors do not have to
agree to use the logo to be branded.  The logo designs and web links
are available if they wish to use them.  All decisions about who does
and does not recieve brands remains with us, the FreeBSD Advocates.
(We are the marketing department, right?)

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                      +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com