Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:56:10 -0700
From:      Rick Updegrove <dislists@updegrove.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   current qmail-scanner port with clamav and f-prot fails on 4testvirus.org messages

Hello,

The current qmail-scanner port with clamav and f-prot both scanning for
viruses fails on 4 of the testvirus.org messages.

#20, #21, #23, and #25
All get through and land in my inbox.

portupgrade -rva says I am all up to date.

A virus scanner that only stops *some* of the older viruses is um...
silly?  Ok it is not really silly, but it hardly seems worth the effort
to maintain a port that has to be manually patched etc.

I have contacted the qmail-scanner maintainer and this is
close to being resolved.  I am not sure what it will take to help this
guy get his port released.

By the time it is finally resolved and the port is released, we will
likely all be faced with yet another series of M$ worms that the
*latest* port version won't catch/block/stop.

I am not simply complaining, or just pointing this out.  I am offering
my assistance to maintain at least these three ports to keep them up to
date.

I am considering abandoning the ports altogether and just going back to
the source for these packages but I would much rather spend the effort
making the ports available for everyone.

Please advise.

Rick