Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:20:53 -0400
From:      Chip Marshall <chip@setzer.chocobo.cx>
To:        John <papalia@udel.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPS sharing?

On June 05, 2000, John sent me the following:
> Not a 100% FreeBSD question, but it's worth a shot :)  I was wondering if
> anybody out there has any experience with taking a single Smart-UPS (in
> particular an APC Smart-UPS 1000 NET) and attempting to split the signal
> between two boxes?  In particular I'll be splitting between a FreeBSD and
> Win9x box, but may move it over to hold up two FreeBSD boxen.  Is it even
> acceptable to split the signal?

We have several APC Smart-UPS 1000's here, with several computers
running off of each. We simply plug the machines into the UPS and away
they go. I'm pretty sure the power provided is OS independant, and for
that matter, device independant.

Of course, you could be talking about something other than the 120VAC
signal....

--
Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx> http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/ Finger for PGP
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a18>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N+@ o K- w O M+ V--