Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2019 15:07:18 +0200
From:      Al <al@datazap.net>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   progress and some questions X5000

Hello,

After a very long time of trying different things, it is where the
serial console does work. It seems that none of the serial-to-usb
devices were fast enough to transfer data from the X5000's serial port.

Still, I have some issues. The kernel can't seem to find the userland.
It stops with DHCP/BOOTP. It looks like it is trying to do a netboot. I
have an install of FreeBSD on a thumb drive. My guess is that I need to
move the boot loader to the FAT partition. Is this correct?

Also, I just did an install to the thumb drive from an X86 FreeBSD
machine that I borrowed to compile the powerpc install. Would it be
better to have the cdrom installer on the thumb drive?

Kind Regards,
Al