Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 2004 03:09:55 +1030
From:      Wayne Sierke <ws+freebsd-questions@au.dyndns.ws>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh disconnecting [WAS: Getting Cut-Off]

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 01:37, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Wayne Sierke wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 01:09, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> [ ... ]
> > Can I disable ACPI with the server running, or am I going to have to
> > restart?
>
> acpiconf -d

Ok, did this.

> > What's the best way to disable ACPI (for unattended booting)? (eg. a
> > hint setting, or requires a recompile, etc.).
>
> See "man acpi" and related manpages; there are will be the sysctls one could
> use directly or in /boot/loader.conf...

Ok. Following the instructions in acpi(4) I've added:

hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"

to /boot/device.hints

The acpiconf -d doesn't appear to have resolved it. :(

I left a ssh session open but it's disconnected after being left sitting
at a shell prompt:

# Read from remote host au.dyndns.ws: Connection reset by peer
Connection to au.dyndns.ws closed.

Guess I"ll have to wait and see after the next reboot whether having
ACPI disabled right from the start will make any difference.