Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2001 11:57:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ian P. Thomas" <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        jmora@ahvm.hvm.sas.cica.es
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with my hard disk geometry?

	FreeBSD doesn't use the BIOS for drive geometry, it gets it from the
disk.  Windows does use the BIOS.  If you have the root partition of
FreeBSD installed before the 1024 cylinder, or roughly 8 GB in your case,
then it should work fine.  You also need to make sure to install booteasy
on the disk.  It will allow you to choose from Windows or FreeBSD at
startup.

Ian

In the last episode, Jesus A. Mora stated...