Date:      Sun, 27 Nov 2005 06:27:08 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Carlos Fernando Assis Paniago <pan@cnptia.embrapa.br>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vacation error in manual

On 2005-10-31 14:00, Carlos Fernando Assis Paniago <pan@cnptia.embrapa.br> wrote:
> In FreeBSD 5.4 in the man vacation we can see:
> --
> .forward file might have:
>
>              \eric, "|/usr/bin/vacation -a allman eric"
>
>  which  would  send  messages to you (assuming your login name was eric)
> --
> I lost a lot of time, with the vacation program, because of this comma in
> \eric,
> this comma DOES NOT work. Please chnage the manual getting rid of this
> comma the correct line is:
> --
> \eric "|/usr/bin/vacation -a allman eric"
> --
>
> Thanks....

Hi Carlos,

first of all thank you for being helpful and submitting this as
an improvement to our system.  FreeBSD really depends on this
sort of helpfulness from its users and we always appreciate
receiving reports about fixes, corrections or new features :)

Note though that we use the vacation(1) manpage from the Sendmail
distribution.  You may have to contact the Sendmail developers
and ask that they make this change in their own, central Sendmail
source tree.  Then, when a more modern version of Sendmail is
imported in our source tree, the fix will come back to us too.

The contact addressess for the Sendmail team are listed in their
web page, at:

http://www.sendmail.org/email-addresses.html#EMAILADDRESSES

If you think that contacting the Sendmail team is too much
trouble for you (i.e. you don't have the time right now), let me
know and I will do it myself.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
Giorgos