Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:19:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   overclocking

Greetings,

I've seen several references to people over-clocking their systems, just
recently with the thread on the K6 making world in 1:21 hr.  How do you do
that?  I have a P133 on an ASUS P/I P55T2P4 MB w/ 80 meg RAM and 2
lethargic EIDE drives (both WD's 1.6 & 3.1).  I have currently set the MB
to the 2.0 & 66 MHz.  I tried setting the jumpers for 2.5 and leaving the
other at 66 MHz, but even BIOS wouldn't come up (I was staring at a blank
screen).

Does anybody know the correct jumper settings (for J8 - J11) to boost my
system up to 166 and 83 MHz?  Is it worth the risk of send my CPU & MB
into meltdown?

Thanks in advance,

Burton Sampley

Brought to you by a 100% Micro$oft free system.  You too can disinfect
your system at http://www.freebsd.org

E-Mail:  		burton@bsampley.vip.best.com
Alternate E-Mail:  	bsampley@haywire.csuhayward.edu
Home Page:  		http://www.best.com/~bsampley