Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:38:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Archive pruning

<<On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:06:42 -0400 (EDT), Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net> said:

> OK.  Thanks, I wanted some opinions, and I guess I have enough to satisfy
> me.

I'd like to add that it can be particularly important when legal
questions arise.  Should some submarine patent cover parts of
FreeBSD's practice, it will turn out to be extremely important to be
able to document (through the revision history) precisely when the
technique under question appeared.  Similarly, when Berkeley was
defending the USL suit, they needed to make use of the revision
history to document their reimplementation process.

-GAWollman