Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:19:02 -0700
From:      Matt Miller <matt@daffy.mics.net>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Eric Anholt <anholt@teleport.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syscons hangs with -current

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 07:00:52PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:14:16 MST, Eric Anholt wrote:
>
> > I am getting freezes  on -current as of my last two updates, Jul. 9
> > and today, Jul. 10.  My previous update was around Jun 14.  I can
> > boot the kernel from the last update just fine, though ppp doesn't
> > work due to net changes.
>
> Just as a datapoint, I'm getting reboots and hard locks shortly after
> reboot (no more than 20 minutes) using a kernel built from sources from
> around 22H30 last night.

I had the same problem beginning yesterday.  My sources were updated
at 1500 UTC Jul 10. System would run for between 15 and 25 minutes before
a panic (something about supervisor mode, sorry I didn't do any
tracking, I assumed I'd missed the SMP commits HEADS UP)..

Retrieved sources as of 1700UTC Jul 11 built cleanly and have been running
fine.