Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/6853: Inactive de0 leads to hang with windoze box.

The following reply was made to PR kern/6853; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To: David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 12:24:51 -0400 (EDT)

 On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, David Gilbert wrote:
 > Could be... but it could also be related to the PCI controler.  You
 > have some from of PCI controller on the Znyx board.  My PCI chipset is
 > the VIA Apollo VP3.

 I'm running on a Tyan Tomcat IVD with a single processor.

 > Could you tell me where I could source a few of those?

 No clue.  A number of places sell multi-port cards though; Cogent (now
 Adaptec), SMC, and Znyx (if they're still around which they should be.)

 I picked my cards up off the net a few years back...

 > Now... I have the card unplugged right now.  It might be a day or two
 > before I have my machine down again.  Tell me if seeing that output
 > would be important to you in addition to this (And then I'll send it
 > to you next time I reboot).  De0 in my case was set to 10.0.0.1 with a
 > Class C sized route. Is your de0 configured... My ifconfig line are:

 I was wondering if your unused interface was still marked 'UP', and still
 had routes in place.

 /*
    Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
    winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
    http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
 */