Date:      Sat, 30 May 1998 11:35:51 -0400
From:      "Alan M. Friedman" <alan@kether.intellint.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ifconfig MEDIA error with param "media 10base2/BNC"

    I have an Etherlink III PCMCIA ethernet card and have
installed the 980520 SNAP.  Can anyone tell me why the
following line gives an ifconfig ...MEDIA error:

    ifconfig zp0 inet 198.18.173.1 media 10base2/BNC

    The network can't get out past localhost, so I'm sure
it's defaulting NOT to use the BNC connector which I'm
using.

    The ifconfig man page is NO help.  Where do I find
the "interface drivers" info for an EtherLink III PCMCIA???

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With sincere thanks,
Alan M. Friedman
alan@kether.intellint.com