Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:12:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      User Land <userland@techie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        userland@techie.com
Subject:   strange console behavior

Hi,

I have a FreeBSD-4.2 machine which has been up and running happily since
November.

The other day it developed a new behavior.

In Mutt, when I press <up arrow>, "5h" is displayed on the screen, about
where the cursor is; when I press <down arrow> "25l" is displayed in the
bottom of the screen.

Other graphical programs are also fubared: /stand/sysinstall's window
borders are now a bunch of letters, and when I press up or down arrow, the
program terminates.

Any ideas what's wrong & how to fix it? I tried rebooting, but no luck.

Thanks