Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:19:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CD Writer issues, continued

On 15 Mar 2001, Wayne Pascoe wrote:

> # burncd -t -s8 data sparc64cd.iso fixate
> next writeable LBA 0
> writing from file sparc64cd.iso size 86720 KB
> written this track 86720 KB (100%) total 86720 KB
> fixating CD, please wait..
> burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCCLOSEDISK): Input/output error

I don't know if that is the problem... but..
Try using "-s 8" instead of of "-s8".

Also what is the speed of your media?
Some media claims to be good up to 4X, etc..
In reality I just try it.. I have some CDs which claim to be good to 4X
and they work nicely at 10X. I have had the same luck with several brands
on both CD and CDRW.
Also it wouldn't hurt to specify the device with the -f parameter.
For example I use:
burncd -f /dev/acd0c -s 10 data /vol1/cd.iso fixate