Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 1996 13:54:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: last in -current

> > Hmmpf.  Kill your government first.  As long as we cannot provide PGP
> > as a binary drop-in, this is a moot point.
>
> Erm, no, it's really not.  Even though pgp is something of a pain to
> install on both sides of the Atlantic, it's hardly an impossibility
> and tools like pgpmail are very popular over here, stupid government
> or no.

Actually, it's only not a pain on the other side of the Atlantic if
the person on the other side of the Atlantic is net-connected, and
willing to violate US law (yes, I know, non-US citizens should not
be subject to US law; if laws counted in GDP, the US would not have
a trade imbalance).

It seems to me that you, as a CDROM producer, should not be willing to
limit your market to "people with CDROMs AND net connections" (IMO).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.