Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 15:47:19 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jason Halbert <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
Cc:        Bill Moran <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Better way to transfer files

--W/+CTqSGWdiRg+8j

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 10:49:09PM -0000, Jason Halbert wrote:

> fault virtual address   =3D 0x4
> fault code              =3D supervisor read, page not present
> instruction pointer     =3D 0x8:0xc0208d07
> stack pointer           =3D 0x10:0xc8c8aca8
> frame pointer           =3D 0x10:0xc8c8acb8
> code segment            =3D base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>                         =3D DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
> processor eflags        =3D interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL =3D 0
> current process         =3D 312 (ftpd)
> interrupt mask          =3D net tty
> trap number             =3D 12
> panic: page fault

If I had to guess I'd say this is a hardware problem of some sort
which will manifest itself no matter how you use the network under
high load, but if you go through the steps in the handbook on how to
build a debugging kernel and get a crashdump, then it will provide
enough information for the relevant developers to analyze your
problem. Much better to get it fixed than to try and hack around it,
eh?

Kris

--=20
NOTE: To fetch an updated copy of my GPG key which has not expired,
finger kris@FreeBSD.org

--W/+CTqSGWdiRg+8j

--W/+CTqSGWdiRg+8j--