Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 23:02:35 -0800
From:      MrChevy <captainauto@lightspeed.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   hard drive won't show as partitioned

    I recently partitioned my HD (6.8 gig) using FIPS, and then
formatted using MS-DOS format command. In win95/dos fdisk, my HD now
shows up as drive C: (a 2.5 gig WIN95 fat32 partition) and drive D: (my
new 4 gig partition for freeBSD which is FAT32). But when I go and use
the freeBSD 3.1 installer, it only shows that I have a 6.8 gig hard
drive with ONE  a single DOS partition. I'm stumped, and so is everyone
I've talked to. In case you're wondering why I'm even keeping WIN95, all
my work is currently on 95 and I have to keep it until I get BSD up and
running. Thanks for all your help! -Brandon Combs