Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 2002 17:00:49 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Corey Snow <corey@snowpoint.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stupid Mouse Question

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Corey Snow wrote:

> Well, I've never tried to do something like this, but it may simply
> be that you can't go very far with a PS/2 mouse- I've never heard of
> a cable length limit per se, and I've used up to 6 foot extensions
> for KVMs in the past with no troubles, but 25 feet might be pushing
> it.

Google searches indicate that setting the keyboard clock lower than 8MHz
may help--if your BIOS allows that (mine doesn't).  It's a problem with
cable capacitance.  Odd that they have cables for this, though.

The good news is I relocated things so a 10-foot USB extension cable
just reaches, and it seems to be working.